Mother’s Day is right around the corner; the time of the year when we celebrate all moms and moms to be, not just telling them but showing them how special they are and what they mean to us.
Rather than the normal staple gifts, what are some other ways you can show your mom how much you really love her?
Your presence and time are the best presents you could give. Here are 10 simple yet thoughtful activities to do with mom that she’s sure to love:
1. Schedule an afternoon to dress up and get family photos taken where you’re giving your time and creating lasting memories together.
2. Instead of breakfast in bed, let her sleep in and then do a nice brunch in bed all for her.
3. Go to a local park for the afternoon and pack a picnic with some of her favorite lunchtime foods.
4. Take her to do her favorite activity and do it with her, learning new things about her as you do.
5. Binge watch her favorite movies for the whole afternoon or day.
6. Do a day spa day – and yes, if you’re a guy, you can enjoy this too (with a great excuse)!
7. Spend the afternoon walking or biking through a beautiful park and talking.
8. Get creative and sign up for a painting, ceramic, or cooking class.
9. Does your mom have a “honey-do list” that never seems to get done? Spend the day helping her with some of those tasks, chores, or fix-it projects while spending time talking with her.
10. Volunteer for the day spending time with her while doing good for your community.
At Making A Difference Foundation, we would like to give a shout out to all the great moms out there who make a difference in their families lives and within the community, making sacrifices for those they love and oftentimes going without so their kids have more.
And we would especially like to acknowledge the moms on our staff and who volunteer their precious time to help us help people in need. You really do make a difference in so many ways – and we thank you!