1.Sign up to volunteer at the food bank. We need volunteers each day at the food bank. We are taking measures to ensure the safety of all of our volunteers, staff, and clients in the midst of this outbreak including rigorous sanitation, small work-groups, and the implementation of a “curbside” service model that limits contact for the safety of all. Please sign up at themadf.org/volunteer.
- We are also looking for volunteers with the following expertise:
- C.D.L Drivers who can drive a truck with a manual transmission
- Logistic Specialist: someone who can help us organize our system
- Cleaning Service: someone who can help us keep the food bank clean each day so that everyone stays healthy.
- Data Specialist: who can help us input data from our clients.
- Procurement: someone who can help us find and acquire the items we need for our clients.
3. Donate supplies to the food bank. We are currently in need of the following supplies to keep the food bank up and running through this crisis:
- Unused boxes, grocery bags, and lunch bags.
- Baby formula, baby food, and diapers (sizes 1,2 & 3)
- Silverware packets, small hygiene products, toilet paper, and paper towels for our homeless clients
- Backpacks for our homeless clients to put food in.
- Orange safety cones and safety vests.
- Cases of water
- Anti-bacterial rubber gloves